lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mackram Raydan <mack...@gmail.com>
Subject Documents are deleted when Solr is restarted
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2010 13:40:44 GMT
Hey everyone,

I apologize if this question is rudimentary but it is getting to me and
I did not find anything reasonable about it online.

So basically I have a Solr 1.4.1 setup behind Tomcat 6. I used the
SolrTomcat wiki page to setup. The system works exactly the way I want
it (proper search, highlighting, etc...). The problem however is when I
restart my Tomcat server all the data in Solr (ie the index) is simply
lost. The admin shows me the number of docs is 0 when it was before in
the thousands.

Can someone please help me understand why the above is happening and how
can I workaround it if possible?

Big thanks for any help you can send my way.

Regards,

Mackram