lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: How to delete a SOLR document if that particular data doesnt exist in DB?
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2010 16:34:13 GMT
On 10/20/2010 9:59 AM, bbarani wrote:
> We actually use virtual DB modelling tool to fetch the data from various
> sources during run time hence we dont have any control over the source.
>
> We consolidate the data from more than one source and index the consolidated
> data using SOLR. We dont have any kind of update / access rights to source
> data.

It seems likely that those who are in control of the data sources would
be maintaining some kind of delete log, and that they should be able to
make those logs available to you.

For my index, the data comes from a MySQL database.  When a delete is
done at the database level, a database trigger records the old
information to a main delete log table, as well as a separate table for
the search system.  The build system uses that separate table to run
deletes every ten minutes and keeps it trimmed to 48 hours of delete
history.