lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: searching while importing
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 22:38:48 GMT
  If you are using the DataImportHandler, you will not be able to search
new data until the full-import or delta-import is complete and the
update is committed.  When I do a full reindex, it takes about 5 hours,
and until it is finished, I cannot search it.

I have not tried to issue a manual commit in the middle of an import to
see whether that makes data inserted up to that point searchable, but I
would not expect that to work.

If you need this kind of functionality, you may need to change your
build system so that a full import clears the index manually and then
does a series of delta-import batches.