lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Cinquini, Luca (3880)" <Luca.Cinqu...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Timeouts in distributed search using Solr + Zookeeper
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 14:52:03 GMT
Hi,
	we are looking at Solr+Zookeeper as the architecture for enabling federated searches among
geographically distributed data centers.

I wonder if anybody can comment on what is the status of enabling timeouts with respect to
distributed searches in a Solr-Zookeeper environment. Specifially, following the example C)
in the Solr Cloud wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud

it seems like the system is resilient to any Solr server (out of 4) being unavailable, but
if both Solr servers serving the same shard go down, then a distributed query results in error,
instead or returning partial results. Is there any special configuration that needs to be
set for the Solr and/or Zookeepers servers, or any request parameter that needs to be added,
to make the distributed query just return results from the only available shard ? Or maybe
this feature is not yet operational ?

thanks a lot,
Luca