lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Is semicolon a character that needs escaping?
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 19:17:23 GMT

: I am using 1.3 without a sort param which explains it, I think. It would
: be nice to update to 1.4 but we try to avoid such actions on a
: production server as long as everything runs fine (the semicolon thing
: was only reported recently).

if you don't currenlty use "sort" at all, then adding a default sort param
of "score desc" to your solr config for that handler, you shouldn't have
to ever worry about semicolons again.

(i'm fairly certainSolr 1.3 supported "Defaults" - i may be wrong ... you
might have to add that hardcoded sort param in your client)

-Hoss

--
http://lucenerevolution.org/  ...  October 7-8, Boston
http://bit.ly/stump-hoss      ...  Stump The Chump!