lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <>
Subject Re: Is semicolon a character that needs escaping?
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 19:17:23 GMT

: I am using 1.3 without a sort param which explains it, I think. It would
: be nice to update to 1.4 but we try to avoid such actions on a
: production server as long as everything runs fine (the semicolon thing
: was only reported recently).

if you don't currenlty use "sort" at all, then adding a default sort param
of "score desc" to your solr config for that handler, you shouldn't have
to ever worry about semicolons again.

(i'm fairly certainSolr 1.3 supported "Defaults" - i may be wrong ... you
might have to add that hardcoded sort param in your client)

--  ...  October 7-8, Boston      ...  Stump The Chump!

View raw message