lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Auto Suggest
Date Sun, 05 Sep 2010 01:47:49 GMT
Adding &debugQuery=on produced the following:
<str name="rawquerystring">+edge:testing +edge:lots</str>
   <str name="querystring">+edge:testing +edge:lots</str>
      <str name="parsedquery">
           +PhraseQuery(edge:"te tes test testi testin testing")
+PhraseQuery(edge:"lo lot lots")

So one part of the answer is that multiple terms are broken up into multiple
phrase
queries, one phrase for each term. This is with LowerCaseTokenizerFactory
and
EdgeNGramFilterFactory

So I don't see any reason why your query shouldn't work. Could you provide
your
field type definitions, an example document that you think should be found
and query output with &debugQuery=on?

Best
Erick

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Jason Rutherglen <
jason.rutherglen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Luke,
>
> Thanks.  What happens if there are 3 terms?  It seems like the entire
> query can go into facet.prefix?
>
> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 8:05 AM, Luke Tebbs <luke@staffing-systems.co.uk>
> wrote:
> > What about if you do something like this? -
> >

> facet=true&facet.mincount=1&q=apple&facet.limit=10&facet.prefix=mou&facet.field=term_suggest&qt=basic&wt=javabin&rows=0&version=1
> >

> > Jason Rutherglen wrote:
> >>
> >> To clarify, the query analyzer returns that.  Variations such as
> >> "apple mou" also do not return anything.  Maybe Jay can comment and
> >> then we can amend the article?

> http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2009/09/08/auto-suggest-from-popular-queries-using-edgengrams/

> will
> text.