lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: false matches with ReversedWildcardFilterFactory
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2010 15:55:07 GMT
On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Landon Kuhn <landon9720@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I am using the ReversedWildcardFilterFactory, and I am
> wondering if there is a way to prevent false matches when a query
> token matches the reversed indexed token. For instance, the query
> *zemog* matches documents that contain Gomez.

Hmm, we prefixed the reversed tokens so that term queries like zemog
and prefix queries like zemog* wouldn't match... but we didn't think
about wildcards.

Off the top of my head, I'm not sure of an easy way to prevent this.
Perhaps we should have used a different field for the reversed tokens.

-Yonik
http://lucenerevolution.org Lucene/Solr Conference, Boston Oct 7-8