lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom scoring
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2010 01:42:09 GMT
Check out the function query feature, and the bf= parameter. It may be
that the existing functions meet your needs, or that you can add a few
new functions.

It can take a while to understand what you really want to do, so
writing a large piece of code now can be wasteful.

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 2:04 PM, Brad Kellett <brad@chomp.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for examples or pointers to some info on implementing custom scoring in solr/lucene.
Basically, what we're looking at doing is to augment the score from a dismax query with some
custom signals based on data in fields from the row initially matched. There will be several
of these features dynamically scored at query-time (due to the nature of the data, pre-computed
stuff isn't really what we're looking for).

> I do apologize for the vagueness of this, but a lot of this data is stuff we want to
keep under wraps. Essentially, I'm just looking for a place to use some custom java code to
be able to manipulate the score for a row matched in a dismax query.

> I've been Googling like a mad man, but haven't really hit on something that seems ideal
yet. Custom similarity appears to just allow changing the components of the TF-IDF score,
for example. Can someone point me to an example of doing something like this?

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com