lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: wildcard searches not consistent
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 22:58:03 GMT
> but
>
> facto?y -- 0 (expecting 1)

you have stemming enabled for the field? stemming will make your wildcards
behave strangely. I would recommend you turn it off. because stemming likely
turned factory into factori or similar

> I thought these are all valid searches but am I missing something? Any
> config
> setting?
>
> Also, Iraq and ?raq returns the same number of results bu Ira? returns
> zero.

wildcard queries are not analyzed, so they are not lowercased and in fact
case sensitive..., but if you lowercased all your terms in your analyzer
then Ira? will not match "Iraq" because "Iraq" was downcased to "iraq" at
index time.

--
Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com