lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Concurrent DB updates and delta import misses few records
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 12:32:16 GMT
  You could get it from Solr, yes.  That didn't even occur to me because
when I was designing my scripts, I didn't yet have a fully integrated
Solr index. :)  With hindsight, I still wouldn't get it from Solr.  I
would lose some flexibility and ease of administration.

It's certainly possible to store all build-related tracking information
in the database.  The build system for our old search product did it
that way.  I decided to go with simple text files in an NFS-mounted
directory for the rewrite.  It's easier for me to administer, just ssh
to a server and examine or modify simple one-line text files.  On the
script side, the files get read into a Perl hash.  With the old system,
I found it cumbersome to go through the database interfaces.  The only
thing that's still in the database is the delete table, because it is
populated by triggers on the metadata table.