lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "onlinespending@gmail.com" <onlinespend...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SOLR interface with PHP using javabin?
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 23:16:54 GMT
  OK, thanks for the suggestion.  Why do you recommend using JSON over
simply using the built-in PHPSerializedResponseWriter?

I find using an interface that requires the data to be parsed to be
inefficient (this would include the aforementioned
PHPSerializedResponseWriter as well).  Wouldn't it be far better to use
some standard data structure that is sent as a bit stream?

Ben