lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "onlinespending@gmail.com" <onlinespend...@gmail.com>
Subject SOLR interface with PHP using javabin?
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 18:30:11 GMT
  I am planning on creating a website that has some SOLR search
capabilities for the users, and was also planning on using PHP for the
server-side scripting.

My goal is to find the most efficient way to submit search queries from
the website, interface with SOLR, and display the results back on the
website.  If I use PHP, it seems that all the solutions use some form of
character based stream for the interface.  It would seem that using a
binary representation, such as javabin, would be more efficient.

If using javabin, or some similar efficient binary stream to interface
SOLR with PHP is not possible, what do people recommend as the most
efficient solution that provides the best performance, even if that
means not using PHP and going with some other alternative?

Thank you,
Ben