lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rochkind <rochk...@jhu.edu>
Subject Re: Facet Field Value truncation
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 19:42:14 GMT
Faceting on a multi-value field?

I wonder if your positionIncrementGap for your field definition in your
schema is 256.  I am not sure what it defaults to. But it seems possible
if it's 256 it could lead to what you observed.  Try explicitly defining
it to be really really big maybe?  I'm not sure why it doesn't default
to Really Really Big in the first place -- if it doesn't, not sure what
it defaults to -- it's going to be much more common for people to assume
Solr behaves like it does when it's Really Big, then for someone to
actually want a small one.

I was going to copy and paste some documentation on
positionIncrementGap, but I can't find that either. It's at least
included in the example schema.xml, so you can see where to put it.

Jonathan