lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rochkind <rochk...@jhu.edu>
Subject Re: Returning max value of fields within documents
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:21:26 GMT
The stats component will give you the maximum value within one field:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/StatsComponent

You're going to have to compute the max amongst several fields
client-side, having StatsComponent return the max for each field, and
then just max-ing them client side. Not hard.

Alternately, you could index all of those fields together in one
combined field, and use that combined field with StatsComponent. Leave
them as seperate fields too, but, perhaps using copyField at indexing
time, copy them all to one combined field, which you can then use with
StatsComponent.

Jonathan