lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Distance sorting with spatial filtering
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 05:21:16 GMT
It says that the field "sum(1)" is not indexed. You don't have a field
called 'sum(1)'. I know there has been a lot of changes in query
parsing, and sorting by functions may be on the list. But the _val_
trick is the older one and, and you noted, still works. The _val_ trick
sets the ranking value to the output of the function, thus indirectly
doing what sort= does.

Lance