lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Do commits block updates in SOLR 1.4?
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2010 17:27:59 GMT
Solr handles all of this concurrency for you - it's actually even a
little too aggressive about that these days, as Lucene has changed a lot
- but yes - you can add while committing and commit while adding - Solr
will block itself as needed.

- Mark

On 9/3/10 1:27 PM, Robert Petersen wrote:
> So you are saying we definitely do not need to pause ADD activity on other threads while
we send the COMMIT?  And the same goes with AUTOCOMMIT right?

> We are using SOLR 1.4 now.  We were on 1.3 previously.  We pretty much just assumed pausing
ADDs during COMMITs was required by SOLR when we designed our indexing system, mostly due
to our experience with an older and different search engine.