lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rochkind <rochk...@jhu.edu>
Subject Re: shingles work in analyzer but not real data
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2010 21:47:22 GMT
I've run into this before too. Both the dismax and solr-lucene _query
parsers_ will tokenize a query on whitespace _before_ they pass the
query to any field analyzers.

There are some reasons for this, lots of things wouldn't work if they
didn't do this.

But it makes your approach kind of hard. Try doing your search as a
phrase search with double quotes, "apple pie", I bet it'll work then --
because both dismax and solr-lucene will respect the phrase quotes and
NOT tokenize the stuff inside there before it gets to the field analyzers.

So if non-tokenized fields like this are all that are included in your
search, and if you can get your client application to just force phrase
quoting of everything before sending to Solr, that might work.
Otherwise.... I don't know of a good solution. If you figure one out,
let me know.

Jonathan