lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Matteo Moci <mox...@libero.it>
Subject Re: Download document from solr
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2010 14:35:38 GMT
  Thank you for the suggestions,
I just completed the tutorial at http://lucene.apache.org/solr/tutorial.html
and i understood that in the GET parameters I can choose wt=standard
(and obtain an xml structure in the results),
wt=json or wt=php.

All of them display the results inline, in the sense that they are
embedded and entirely included in the response.

If I submit pdfs (i think it is also for docs and CSVs) files to solr, I
will get in the results something like this in json:

[some part of response omitted]
response":{"numFound":1,"start":0,"maxScore":0.34002018,"docs":[
     {
      "last_modified":"2010-08-05T14:07:24Z",
      "id":"doc1",
      "content_type":["application/pdf"],
      "score":0.34002018}]
  }}

( example taken from http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ExtractingRequestHandler )

that shows no content at all.
The only way I have to retrieve and download the pdf file is to use the
id=doc1 to access some repository (even a database table )
that can provide me the content starting from the id.

Does this look like a common practice?

Thank you