lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Antonio Calo' <anton.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space when reopening solr server
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2010 08:48:21 GMT
  Il 02/09/2010 8.51, Lance Norskog ha scritto:
> in PermGen and never go away. If you load&unload over and over again,
> any PermGen setting will fill up.
I agree , taking a look to all the links suggested by Peter seems that
this exception could be caused by the memory leak. Also, it seems that
the CGLibe that manage the .class loading used by Spring have a big
issue about this.

Maibe it is  just an accident that it happens while opening a anew solr
instance.

I'll investigate about general Permgem fault, but if someone have a
suggestion on how to close solr server in a safe manner, you are  welcome!

Many thanks for your feedbacks.

Antonio