lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From PeterKerk <vettepa...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Calculating distances in Solr using longitude latitude
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2010 08:41:06 GMT

Dennis Gearon wrote:

> Soooooo, the short term answer is to use a function column to query
> against? Prefereably with a bounding box, of course. :-)

What do you mean by that? Calculate all locations within a certain range
(bounding box) and query on that?
I hope not, because that would be a very unfriendly solution.

Im still surprised that this is not a bigger priority for the Solr
developers.

I think the better solution would then be to use LocalSolr, but I dont know:
1. if their implementation offers the same functions as the current Solr
release and
2. if I was to use LocalSolr I woud simply use their implementation of Solr
instead of Solr OR that I have to copy some classes to my current deployment
of Solr

pff :)