lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From kenf_nc <ken.fos...@realestate.com>
Subject High - Low field value?
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 20:00:25 GMT

I want to do range facets on a couple fields, a Price field in particular.
But Price is relative to the product type. Books, Automobiles and Houses are
vastly different price ranges, and withing Houses there may be a regional
difference (price range in San Francisco is different than Columbus, OH for
example).

If I do Filter Query on type, so I'm not mixing books with houses, is there
a quick way in a query to get the High and Low value for a given field? I
would need those to build my range boundaries more efficiently.

Ideally it would be a function of the query, so regionality could be taken
into account. It's not a search score, or a facet, it's more a function. I
know query functions exist, but haven't had to use them yet and the 'max'
function doesn't look like what I need.  Any suggestions?
Thanks.