lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Petersen" <rober...@buy.com>
Subject RE: Auto Suggest
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 18:38:11 GMT
I do this by replacing the spaces with a '%' in a separate search field
which is not parsed nor tokenized and then you can wildcard across the
whole phrase like you want and the spaces don't mess you up.  Just store
the original phrase with spaces in a separate field for returning to the
front end for display.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jazz Globe [mailto:jazzglobe@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 7:33 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Auto Suggest

Hallo

How would one implement a multiple term auto-suggest feature in Solr
that is filter sensitive?
For example, a user enters :
"mp3"
  and solr might suggest:
  ->   "mp3 player"
  ->   "mp3 nano"
  ->   "mp3 sony"
and then the user starts the second word :
"mp3 n"
and that narrows it down to:
  -> "mp3 nano"

I had a quick look at the Terms Component.
I suppose it just returns term totals for the entire index and cannot be
used with a filter or query?

Thanks
Johan