lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl / Cominvent <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Deleting old index data from solr. But HDD spaces doesn`t free.
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2010 15:42:34 GMT
What you are missing is a final
server.optimize();

Deleting a document will only mark it as deleted in the index until an optimize. If disk space
is a real problem in your case because you e.g. update all docs in the index frequently, you
can trigger an optimize(), say nightly.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com