lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: edismax pf2 and ps
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 18:47:16 GMT
On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 2:38 PM, Ron Mayer <rm_g@0ape.com> wrote:
> Yonik Seeley wrote:
>> Perhaps a ps2 parameter to match pf2?
>
> That might be nice.
>
> I could try to put together such a patch if people were interested.
>
> One more thing I've been contemplating is if my results might
> be even better if I had a couple different "pf2"s with different "ps"'s
> at the same time.
>
> In particular.   One with ps=0 to put a high boost on ones the have
> the right ordering of words.  For example insuring that:
>  "red hat black jacket"
> boosts only red hats and not black hats.
>
> And another pf2 with a more modest boost with ps=5 or so to handle
> the query above also boosting docs with "red baseball hat".
>

> Not sure of a good way to express that in config options, tho.

Perhaps fold it into the pf/pf2 syntax?

pf=text^2    // current syntax... makes phrases with a boost of 2
pf=text~1^2  // proposed syntax... makes phrases with a slop of 1 and
a boost of 2

That actually seems pretty natural given the lucene query syntax - an
actual boosted sloppy phrase query already looks like
text:"foo bar"~1^2

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com