lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Solr searching performance issues, using large documents (now 1MB documents)
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 02:55:26 GMT
On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 2:34 PM, Peter Spam <pspam@mac.com> wrote:
> This is a very small number of documents (7000), so I am surprised Solr is having such
a hard time with it!!

> I do facet on 3 terms.
>
> Subsequent "hello" searches are faster, but still well over a second.  This is a very
fast Mac Pro, with 6GB of RAM.

Search apps often need tweaking for best performance.
We probably need to determine if you are IO bound (because the index
is large enough that there are many disk seeks) or if you are CPU
bound (possible, depending on the faceting).

Perhaps one easy thing to start with is to add debugQuery=true and
report the timings of the different components it gives.

-Yonik
http://lucenerevolution.org  Lucene/Solr Conference, Boston Oct 7-8