lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: DataImportHandler and SAXParseExceptions with Jetty
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 14:43:34 GMT
  On 8/12/2010 8:32 PM, harrysmith wrote:
> Win XP, Solr 1.4.1 out of the box install, using jetty. If I add greater than
> or less than (ie<  or>) in any xml field and attempt to load or run from
> the DataImportConsole I receive a SAXParseException. Example follows:
>
> If I don't have a 'less than' it works just fine. I know this must work,
> because the examples given on the wiki show deltaQueries using a greater
> than/less than compare.

Because < and > are critical characters in XML, you have to encode them
to actually use them as part of your config, just as you do on an HTML
page.  Use &lt; instead of <.  When I first ran into this, I was
surprised that &rt; was not required as well, but it's probably a good
idea to use it, just in case things tighten up in the future.