lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Gora Mohanty <g...@srijan.in>
Subject Re: Indexing data on MSSQL failed: Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error loading class 'com.micros oft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver'
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 19:27:37 GMT
On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 02:22:50 -0700 (PDT)
PeterKerk <vetteparty@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm running MSSQL Server 2008
>
> I did this: set CLASSPATH= C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server
> JDBC Driver 3.0\sqljdbc_3.0\enu\sqljdbc4.jar (I dont know where I
> can check if this has been executed correctly)

Not familiar with Microsoft Windows, but where did you set the
CLASSPATH? I would suspect that Solr/(Tomcat|Jetty) is probably not
aware of this.

Also, the MS-SQL driver might need other DLLs. I have only checked
out installation instructions for the MS-SQL driver on Unix, and
they were not entirely clear.

You could also consider using the more robust, and efficient
open-source JTDS driver ( http://jtds.sourceforge.net/ )

Regards,
Gora