lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Using stored terms for faceting
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 01:15:37 GMT

: is it possible to use the stored terms of a field for a faceted search?

No, the only thing stored fields can be used for is document centric
opterations (ie: once you have a small set of individual docIds, you can
access the stored fields to return to the user, or highlight, etc...)

: I mean, I don't want to get the term frequency per document as it is
: shown here:
: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/TermVectorComponentExampleOptions
:
: I want to get the frequency of the term of my special search and show
: only the 10 most frequent terms and all the nice things that I can do
: for faceting.

i honestly have no idea what you are saying you want -- can you provide
a concrete use case explaining what you mean?  describe some example data
and then explain what type of logic owuld happen and what type of result
you'd get back?

-Hoss