lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rochkind <rochk...@jhu.edu>
Subject RE: Finding distinct unique IDs in documents returned by fq -- Urgent Help Req
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 13:48:14 GMT
> I would like get the total count of the facet.field response values

I'm pretty sure there's no way to get Solr to do that -- other than not setting a facet.limit,
getting every value back in the response, and counting them yourself (not feasible for very
large counts).   I've looked at trying to patch Solr to do it, because I could really use
it too; it's definitely possible, but made trickier because there are now several different
methods that Solr can use to do facetting, with separate code paths.  It seems like an odd
omission to me too.

Jonathan