lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From sarfaraz masood <sarfarazmasood2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: stemming the index
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 20:15:51 GMT
Thanx Erick
:-)

--- On Thu, 8/7/10, Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: stemming the index
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Date: Thursday, 8 July, 2010, 1:33 AM

The short answer is "there isn't a single analyzer and stemmer that
really work well for mixed-language indexing and searching".

Take a look through the mail archive, try search for multilanguage or
multi-language
or multiple languages. There's a wealth of info there because this topic has
been
discussed many times.

Best
Erick