lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: AW: Facets on multiple values
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2010 15:44:22 GMT
  I'm developing a new schema that includes something similar.  The DIH
database select statement uses a left join to gather a set of values for
each main record into a new field, separated by semicolons.  I put the
result into a fieldType with the following analyzer chain, which breaks
it up into tokens at the semicolons, then does some additional processing:

<analyzer>
<tokenizer class="solr.PatternTokenizerFactory" pattern="; *" />
<filter class="solr.ASCIIFoldingFilterFactory"/>
<filter class="solr.TrimFilterFactory" />
</analyzer>

Whether to use this idea or Bastian's depends on how the original data
source is organized.

On 7/29/2010 9:20 AM, Bastian Spitzer wrote:
> just define the keyword field as multivalued and add the keywords separatly, not as single-valued-string.
>
> cheers.
>
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

am using ";" to delimit those values. So after doing a solr search it returns me a facet array
but that contains ";" in the facet value.
> I want facet to return each as separate values.
>
> For eg. am using the keyword field for faceting which has value "graduation;post graduation;
diploma" so facet returns me a "graduation;post graduation; diploma" as a single value. but
what i want is that it should return me three different values 'graduation', 'post graduation',
'diploma'