lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rochkind <rochk...@jhu.edu>
Subject Re: Strange "the" when search with dismax
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 14:18:14 GMT
"the" sounds like it might be a stopword. Are you using stopwords in any
of your fields covered by the dismax search? But not in some of the
other fields covered by dismax? the combination of dismax and stopwords
can result in unexpected behavior if you aren't careful.

I wrote about this a bit here, you might find it helpful:
http://bibwild.wordpress.com/2010/04/14/solr-stop-wordsdismax-gotcha/

marship wrote:
> Hi. All.
>    I am using solr dismax to search over my books in db. I indexed them all using solr.
>    the problem I noticed today is,
> Everything start with I want to search for a book "
> The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
> "
> but nothing is returned. I'm sure I have this book in DB. So I stripped some keyword
and finally I found when I search for "the girl who kicked hornet's nest" , I got the book.