lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Charton, Andre" <achar...@ebay-kleinanzeigen.de>
Subject Default filter in solr config (+filter document by now for near time index feeling)
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 15:03:17 GMT
Hi,

I have this use case: I update index every 10 min on a master-solr (via batch) and replicate
them to slaves. The clients use the slaves. From client view now it's ugly: it looks like
we change our index only every 10 minutes. Sure, but idea now is to index all documents with
a index date, set this index date 10 min to the future and create a filter "INDEX_DATE:[*
TO NOW]".

Question 1: is it possible to set this as part of solr-config, so every implementation against
the server will regard this.

Question 2: From caching point of view this sounds a little ugly, is it - anybody tried this?

Thanks,

André