lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From jlist9 <>
Subject Re: Luke browser does not show non-String Solr fields?
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 16:24:41 GMT
I see. It's still a little confusing to me but I'm fine as long as
this is the expected behavior. I also tried the "example" index
with data that come with the solr distribution and observe the
same behavior - only String fields are displayed. So Lucene is
sharing _some_ types with Solr but not all. It's still a bit puzzling
to me that Lucene is not able to understand the simple types
such as long. But I'm OK as long as there is a reason. Thanks
for the explanations!

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 10:38 AM, Chris Hostetter
<> wrote:
> : So it seems like Luke does not understand Solr's long type. This
> : is not a native Lucene type?
> No,  Lucene has concept of "types" ... there are utilities to help encode
> some data in special ways (particularly numbers) but the underlying lucene
> index doesn't keep track of when/how you do ths -- so Luke has no way of
> knowing what "type" the field is.
> Schema information is specific to Solr.
> -Hoss

View raw message