lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Sixten Otto <six...@sfko.com>
Subject Re: Data Import Handler Rich Format Documents
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2010 19:30:03 GMT
On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_lucene@fucit.org> wrote:
> I'm confused ... You're using DIH, and some of your fields are URLs to
> documents that you want to parse with Tika?
>
> Why would you need a custom Transformer?

Yeah, I can definitely vouch that DIH can handle this without
additional coding. (The Lucid article the OP linked to looks like it's
defining a custom Transformer because the document is in a BLOB in the
database.)

However, the DIH in Solr 1.4 doesn't have the Tika support you'd need.
You would need to go with either trunk or branch_3x to make this work.

Sixten