lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: example solr xml working fine but my own xml files not working
Date Sun, 27 Jun 2010 17:37:47 GMT
Most likely explanation: the Analyzer you're using at
query time isn't matching what the Analyzer does
at index time. For instance, the casing is different
(or a myriad of other things). Or you're not actually
querying on the field you think you are.

Please post the definitions for the field from your
schema file. Post the queries you're attempting.
Post the results of your query with
&debug=on. I agree it's probably something simple,
but without seeing what you're doing it's hard to
guess.

You might take a look at:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UsingMailingLists

Best
Erick


On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 7:18 PM, codar <jeff.kemble@gmail.com> wrote:

>
> To add to my last, when I query *:* I get the results I expect, but if I
> query a term (ZS00002) it doesn't find any matches.  I must be missing
> something simple.  I'm new to solr, so it's possible I just don't
> understand
> how to query it.
>
> Jeff
>
> On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 6:42 PM, Jeff Kemble <jeff.kemble@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Thanks, Erik.
> >
> > I downloaded Luke and pointed it to my index.  I can see the data I
> indexed
> > via Luke, but still can't query it through the admin console.  I queried
> for
> > ZS00001 and still got no results, but when I look at the index via Luke,
> I
> > see the document was indexed.  I'm stumped.
> >
> > Jeff
> >
> >
> > On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 2:54 PM, Erick Erickson [via Lucene] <
> > ml-node+924591-989457010-302532@n3.nabble.com<ml-node%2B924591-989457010-302532@n3.nabble.com>
> <ml-node%2B924591-989457010-302532@n3.nabble.com<ml-node%252B924591-989457010-302532@n3.nabble.com>
> >
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> The first place you should go for this type of question is the
> >> solr admin page and look at what's actually in your index.
> >>
> >> A very handy tool for this is also Luke. Get a copy of it (google
> >> Lucene Luke) and point it at your index and poke around
> >> to see if what's actually in your index is what you expect.
> >>
> >> If that all doesn't help, post more information. Particularly
> >> what query you're submitting that you expect to return
> >> results.
> >>
> >> Also, try executing the query with &debugQuery=on, that may
> >> give you some clues (also note that there's a checkbox on the
> >> Admin page for debug info if you go to the "full interface"
> >>
> >> HTH
> >> Erick
> >>
> >> On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 8:46 AM, codar <[hidden email]<
> http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=924591&i=0>>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> >> >
> >> > I'm struggling with this very same problem.  I can index the example
> >> files
> >> > fine. When I try adding a custom file, it appears to index without
> >> issue;
> >> > but I get no search results via the admin console.  I've also tried
> >> > modifying one of the files (monitor.xml); it also did not update.  I'm
> >> > using
> >> > solr 1.4.1 on a MAC.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >> >
> >> > I added these fields to the schema.xml
> >> >                <field name="AD" type="text" indexed="true"
> stored="true"
> >>
> >> >                        multiValued="true" />
> >> >                <field name="COL" type="text" indexed="true"
> >> stored="true"
> >> >                        multiValued="true" />
> >> >                <field name="TI" type="text" indexed="true"
> stored="true"
> >>
> >> >                        multiValued="true" />
> >> >
> >> > Here's my custom xml:
> >> >
> >> > <add><doc>
> >> >                <field name="id">ZS00001</field>
> >> >                <field name="AD">ZS00001</field>
> >> >                <field name="COL">RW</field>
> >> >                <field name="TI">How to index Solr on the Mac</field>
> >> > </doc></add>
> >> >
> >> > I cd to the exampledocs dir and run: java -jar post.jar my_data.xml
> >> >
> >> > Here are the results:
> >> >
> >> > SimplePostTool: version 1.2
> >> > SimplePostTool: WARNING: Make sure your XML documents are encoded in
> >> UTF-8,
> >> > other encodings are not currently supported
> >> > SimplePostTool: POSTing files to http://localhost:8983/solr/update..
> >> > SimplePostTool: POSTing file tr_single.xml
> >> > SimplePostTool: COMMITting Solr index changes..
> >> >
> >> > So, it appears to have indexed without issue, but yet when I search
> for
> >> the
> >> > ZS00001, I get not results.
> >> >
> >> > Thanks in advance
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > --
> >> > View this message in context:
> >> >
> >>
> http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/example-solr-xml-working-fine-but-my-own-xml-files-not-working-tp504245p924113.html
> <
> http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/example-solr-xml-working-fine-but-my-own-xml-files-not-working-tp504245p924113.html?by-user=t
> >
> >> > Sent from the Solr - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >> ------------------------------
> >>  View message @
> >>
> http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/example-solr-xml-working-fine-but-my-own-xml-files-not-working-tp504245p924591.html
> >> To unsubscribe from Re: example solr xml working fine but my own xml
> files
> >> not working, click here< (link removed) =>.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/example-solr-xml-working-fine-but-my-own-xml-files-not-working-tp504245p924880.html
> Sent from the Solr - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message