lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Binesh Gummadi <bgumm...@rivetlogic.com>
Subject Highlighting arbitrary text without really indexing it
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 14:29:16 GMT
Hi,

I have a use case where I have to highlight indexed field values in
arbitrary text without indexing arbitrary text.

Here is an example

*Indexed field values are*
Lucid
Platform
Solr

*Arbitrary text (not indexed)*
Lucid Imagination and Guardian News and Media today announced that the
Guardian‘s Open Platform, commercially launched today,  is powered by Solr,
the Lucene Enterprise Search Server. During development of the Content API,
the Guardian tapped Lucid Imagination's deep expertise with Solr and related
technologies, unlocking the Guardian’s content for new online commercial
service models.

*Expected result
<em>Lucid</em>* Imagination and Guardian News and Media today announced that
the Guardian‘s Open *<em>Platform</em>*, commercially launched today,  is