lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: Many Tomcat Processes on Server ?!?!?
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 15:00:50 GMT

Le 02-juin-10 à 16:57, stockii a écrit :

> all the process in in htop show, have a own PID. so thats are no
> threads ?

No, you can't say that.
In general it is sufficient for the "mother process" to be killed but
it can take several attempts.

> i restart my tomcat via " /etc/init.d/tomcat restart "
> do you think that after ervery resart the processes arent closed ?

after bin/shutdown.sh it is very common to me that some hanging
threads remain... and we crafted my little script snippet (which is
kind of specific) to actually prevent this and kill... after a while
only.

it's not optimal.

paul