lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Lukas Kahwe Smith <...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject Re: optional vs. probhibited aka standard vs. dismax handler
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 13:08:49 GMT

On 29.06.2010, at 15:01, Jan H√łydahl / Cominvent wrote:

> When you mix query handlers like this you will need to add a "+" or an "AND" in front
of the _query_: part as well, in order for it to be required.

> You will see the difference when you try the above query directly on your Solr instance
and add &debugQuery=true. Your parsedquerystring will show your real query.

ok .. i quickly tried this out before i send my last email. probably did something wrong.

> BTW:
> It is a better practice to submit your fielded terms as filters as they don't need to
contribute to the score. I.e. you could rewrite your query from:
> q=+tag_ids:(23)  +document_code_prefix:(A/RES/58)  (_query_:"{!dismax qf='content document_title'
pf='content document_title' v=$qq}&qq=decade -domestic
> to:
> q=decade -domestic&defType=dismax&qf=content document_title&pf=content document_title&fq=tag_ids:(23)&fq=document_code_prefix:(A/RES/58)

i am already doing the facet filters via fq. however since i do want to allow optional fielded
filters it seemed to make more sense to leave all of that in the q part.

> Also, you may want to apply patch SOLR-1553 and start using the eDisMax handler which
allows fielded search and boolean operators, if you need more advanced user-facing query syntax.

yeah .. i am keeping an eye on that already.

thx!

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org