lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Kuhlmann <michael.kuhlm...@zalando.de>
Subject Re: Many Tomcat Processes on Server ?!?!?
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 14:29:16 GMT
Am 02.06.2010 16:13, schrieb Paul Libbrecht:
> Is your server Linux?
> In this case this is very normal.. any java application spawns many new
> processes on linux... it's not exactly bound to threads unfortunately.

Uh, no. New threads in Java typically don't spawn new processes on OS level.

I never had more than one tomcat process on any Linux machine. In fact,
if there was more than one because a previous Tomcat hadn't shut down
correctly, the new process wouldn't respond to HTTP requests.

55 Tomcat processes shouldn't be normal, at least not if that's what "ps
aux" responds.