lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From amit_ak <amit...@mindtree.com>
Subject Nested table support ability
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2010 10:02:36 GMT

I want to use Solr for free text and parameter based search. I need help to
validate if Solr can help me in achieving following requirement.

Say I have two database tables having one to many relationships.
1. Customer - Customer Id, Customer Name, Profile
2. Role - Role Type, Start date, End Date, Customer Id(Foreign key to
Customer table)

Start and End date of the role are will decide effectiveness of the role.
Logic for role effectiveness: Current Date > Start Date and Current Date <=
End Date

Say I have following records in tables
---------- Customer Table --------------------
Customer Id    Name     Profile
1                     David      Some text
:
:
---------- Role Table --------------------
 Customer Id    Role Type     	Start date     	End Date
 1	                   ADMIN         	01/01/2000    	01/01/2001
 1	                   OPERATOR    01/01/2009    	01/01/2010
 :
 :

 If my search criteria is,
 Get me all customers playing role of ADMIN as of current date.

 Expected result - No customer records should be returned as current
date(06/18/2010) is greater than "End Date" for ADMIN role record.

 I want to create instance of “Document” per customer record and want to
have nested table relations embedded in the document.

 Please help me understand if such a requirement is possible to achieve in
Solr.

 Thanks in advance.