lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From David George <david.geo...@gmail.com>
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 13:32:24 GMT

I have a list of files in a database that I am indexing (it is a liferay
database and the file lists are attachments). I'm encountering the following
error

on one of the PDF documents and this causes indexing to stop (the
TikaEntityProcessor) throws a Severe exception. Is it possible to ignore
this exception and continue indexing by some kind of solr configuration ?

It seems reasonable to do this in my case as I do not want indexing to stop
due to a non-critical error beyond my control. Currently I've modified the
TikaEntityProcessor to return null in this case. BTW shouldn't the
inputstream close be in a finally block?