lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom DIH variables
Date Sat, 08 May 2010 22:44:49 GMT
No, I mean the embedded interface and the servlet interface were not
really designed to be used together. Inside the servlet-based
interface, I would use HTTP to get to Solr. Inside an , embedded app,
I would have to use the embedded interface.

However, you can't do this easily in a DIH plug-in. You would have to
custom-code getting an embedded v.s. an HTTP solr server.  If the
embedded interface had an address of "solr://core" this would be very
easy. Other things would also be easy.

Lance