lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Commits, facet autowarming and hung searches
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 22:28:45 GMT

: -Should I be warming the new searcher with a search which uninverts all of
: my fields?

yes.

: -If so, will the warming happen before the new searcher is registered?

they will if you do them as part of a "newSearcher" event in your
solrconfig.xml -- the example solrocnfig.xml has some examples using
QuerySenderListener to do this.

: -Will searches coming in to the index before the new searcher is registered
: but after its created go to the old searcher?

yes.

: -Will my memory usage spike during this interval?

it probably already is -- but yes, the warming of hte new Searcher will
require it to use a lot of ram to pre-populate these caches & data
structures, in addition to hte caches and data structures being used by
the "old" searcher still serving queries.

-Hoss