lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Solr Dismax query - prefix matching
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 03:20:01 GMT

: example: If I have a field called 'booktitle' with the actual values as
: 'Code Complete', 'Coding standard 101', then I'd like to search for the
: query string 'cod' and have the dismax match against both the book
: titles since 'cod' is a prefix match for 'code' and 'coding'.

it doesn't sound like you really want prefix queries ... it sounds like
you want stemming.  It's hard to tell because you only gave one example,
so consider whether you want the book "codependents of agony" to match a
search for "code" ... if hte answer is "yes" then what you are looking for
is preix matching, if the answer is "no" then you should probably read up
on stemming (which can work with the dismax parsing, by configuring it in
the analyzer for your fields)

-Hoss