lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "efriwp@gmail.com" <efr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does SOLR Allow q= (A or B) AND (C or D)?
Date Thu, 27 May 2010 22:37:05 GMT
Thank you. That seems to be working well, except when I included a wild card
for any of the terms, the wildcard term isn't being found out.

My searches are actually:
q=+(A A*) +(C C*)&q.op=OR

When I do a regular search on "A*" or "C*" I get matches but not in the
context of the above query. The ability to use wildcards seems to get lost.

This is all for the purposes of a "live search" in which we return matches
as the user types, thus the wildcard.  A and C represent two different terms
a user has typed in the search box (where we are providing the live-search
results).

thanks

Brad