lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Papiya Misra <pmi...@pinkotc.com>
Subject Re: Short DismaxRequestHandler Question
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 14:22:05 GMT
I think you could combine the minimum set of fields into one field at
the time of indexing, for example, you could concatenate 'category' and
'tag' at the time of querying (if you are using a database).

On 05/04/2010 09:06 AM, MitchK wrote:
> Hello community,
>
> I need a minimum should match only on some fields, not on all.
>
> Let me give you an example:
> title: "Breaking News: New information about Solr 1.5"
> category: development
> tag: Solr News
>
> If I am searching for "Solr development", I want to return this doc,
> although I defined a minimum should match of 100%, because 100% of the query
> match the *whole* document.
> At the moment, 100% applies only if 100% of the query match a field.
>
> Is this possible at the moment?
> If not, are there any suggestions or practices to make this working?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Kind regards
> - Mitch

Pink OTC Markets Inc. provides the leading inter-dealer quotation and trading system in the
over-the-counter (OTC) securities market.   We create innovative technology and data solutions
to efficiently connect market participants, improve price discovery, increase issuer disclosure,
and better inform investors.   Our marketplace, comprised of the issuer-listed OTCQX and broker-quoted
  Pink Sheets, is the third largest U.S. equity trading venue for company shares.

This document contains confidential information of Pink OTC Markets and is only intended for
the recipient.   Do not copy, reproduce (electronically or otherwise), or disclose without
the prior written consent of Pink OTC Markets.      If you receive this message in error,
please destroy all copies in your possession (electronically or otherwise) and contact the
sender above.