lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From wojtekpia <wojte...@hotmail.com>
Subject DataImportHandler and running out of disk space
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 19:21:57 GMT

I'm noticing some data differences between my database and Solr. About a week
ago my Solr server ran out of disk space, so now I'm observing how the
DataImportHandler behaves when Solr runs out of disk space. In a word, I'd
say it behaves badly! It looks like out-of-disk-space exceptions are treated
like any other document-level exception (so my updates report successful
completion). After running out of disk space I see the index shrink, then
updates continue until I run out of disk space again, then the index
shrinks, etc. I'm running a nightly build from December, 2009. Has this
behaviour has changed since then? Is there DIH configuration to fail on
certain exceptions?

Thanks,

Wojtek