lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From MitchK <mitc...@web.de>
Subject Re: Custom SearchComponent to reset facet value counts after collapse
Date Sun, 02 May 2010 20:51:35 GMT

Unfortunately this patch does not support multiValued-fields (as this is said
by the author and some others that worked with that patch). I had a look on
others, but they seem to have the same problem.
What would I suggest, hmm...
Out-of-the-box and at this time (it's late here in Germany) I got only one
simple idea:
Send a second request with using the standard facetComponent and do the same
query and facet at those fields that seems to have unexpected results. If I
understand you right, this would be the fastest solution.

However, I am not sure, whether you really got a problem, since the
simpleFacet-implementation sends also several queries to get the count-value
per facet-value.

Does it really kills your performance? Or do you have got performance
issues, even if you don't do so? What time does it take to compute a
response?

Maybe you can provide the full code of your own implementation, so that we
can have a look together at your source code.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards
- Mitch