lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Turner, Robbin J" <Robbin.J.Tur...@boeing.com>
Subject Please Help, how to Xinclude in schema.xml
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 19:31:50 GMT
I followed through some of the previous post, there seems to be a general problem with trying
to us XInclude in the solr schema.xml.  I use several variation to include my  fieldType declarations.
 I keep getting an error file not found.  I put the file first in the SOLRHOME, then in CATALINA_HOME/conf,
then in just CATALINA_HOME.  All produced the same error.  If someone has an schema.xml example
and placement (what path) that work I would greatly appreciate it.

Solrhome =  /opt/solr
Catalina_home = /opt/tomcat

A copy of the actual schema_type.xml was placed in /opt/solr/conf, /opt/tomcat/conf and /opt/tomcat
For each of the following xincludes, file not found was reported in the catalina.out:

Try #1
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<schema name="core1" version="1.2">
                <types>
                                <xi:include href="/opt/solr/conf/schema_type.xml" />
                </types>
                <fields>
                <field>....
                </fields>
</schema>

Try #2
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<schema name="core1" version="1.2">
                <types>
                                <xi:include href="${solr.core.instanceDir}/conf /schema_type.xml"
/>
                </types>
                <fields>
                <field>....
                </fields>
</schema>

Try #3
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<schema name="core1" version="1.2">
                <types>
                                <xi:include href="${catalina.home} /conf/schema_type.xml"
/>
                </types>
                <fields>
                <field>....
                </fields>
</schema>

Try #4
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<schema name="core1" version="1.2">
                <types>
                                <xi:include href="schema_type.xml" />
                </types>
                <fields>
                <field>....
                </fields>
</schema>

Try #4
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<schema name="core1" version="1.2">
                <types>
                                <xi:include href="schema_type.xml" />
                </types>
                <fields>
                <field>....
                </fields>
</schema>

Try #5
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<schema name="core1" version="1.2">
                <types>
                                <xi:include href="/opt/tomcat/schema_type.xml" />
                </types>
                <fields>
                <field>....
                </fields>
</schema>

Try #6
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<schema name="core1" version="1.2">
                <types>
                                <xi:include href="/opt/tomcat/conf/schema_type.xml" />
                </types>
                <fields>
                <field>....
                </fields>